WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF CBD?
There are five health benefits of CBD which have been backed by science.
- Pain relief – More recently, the study of CBD for relieving pain and inflammation has been under the microscope. The human body contains a specialized system called endocannabinoid system–or ECS–which is involved in regulating a variety of functions including sleep, appetite, and pain response. Once inflammation occurs, CBD may help reduce chronic pain by impacting endocannabinoid receptor activity, thereby reducing inflammation and interacting positively with neurotransmitters.
- Reduce anxiety and depression – Both of these are common mental health disorders that can have devastating effects on a person’s health and well-being. Typically treated with pharmaceutical drugs, anxiety and depression succumb to a number of side effects when treating with prescription drugs. For instance, headaches, drowsiness, insomnia, agitation, and sexual dysfunction are fairly common. What’s more, most of the drugs can be addictive and lead to substance abuse. CBD, as the natural approach, has shown high quality benefits for children with PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) or as a regulator for moods in both people and pets.
- Alleviates cancer-related symptoms – CBD has shown to help reduce vomiting, nausea and pain associated with cancer-related treatments. Patients who are undergoing common chemotherapy have found that CBD mitigates the side effects of the treatment.
- May reduce acne and other skin problems – Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD oil helps to reduce sebum production, which is the primary cause of acne and skin-related disorders.
- Heart health – CBD may be able to help with lowering high blood pressure, which is linked to stroke, heart attack, and metabolic syndrome. CBD oil has been found to reduce resting blood pressure and protect the heart and circulatory system.
HOW DOES HEMP FIT INTO ALL OF THIS?
As mentioned earlier, the cannabis plant has two primary species–hemp and marijuana. Both contain CBD, but there’s a much higher percentage in hemp, which also has very low levels of THC compared to marijuana. When discussing hemp products it’s mostly the hemp oil that has been extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant.
There are no cannabinoids in hemp oil. Instead, this amazing ingredient is packed full of healthy fats, and often appears in beauty products and specialty foods for its essential benefits.